July 12, 2012

Cars 2 Spy Jet

Saw this at the local Kmart toy sale and thought to my self "Gee that looks like a good scale plane to go with minis". So I bought myself a goofy plane with eyes on the front.

Photobucket

Turns out my hunch was right It is perfectly scaled to go with minis. I think it would make a great objective in a modern game like Infinity or say Shadowrun. Of course I'm going to have to unscrew it to work out how to get the windscreen off and get rid of the eyes underneath.

Photobucket

Photobucket

It even has an opening roof and tail boarding ramp. You can easily fit 2 rows of minis inside on 25mm bases and still close the top

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

A few different angles of the plane

Photobucket

Photobucket

The underside is really the only let down, the wings are basically just the top surface, the bottom is hollow but on the table it's not really going to matter.

Photobucket

All the shots so far have been without the tale since I was thinking it looked a bit like Tony Stark's private jet from the 1st Iron Man without it but here is what it looks like with it's tale.

Photobucket

Oh and for the curious the minis I've used for scale are Copplestone Castings' Future Wars range and Foundry's Street Violence.

No comments:

Post a Comment