May 17, 2009

Bling Dreadnought, Part 16

Few updates to the base



I followed the tile idea and cut and glued in some textured plasticard.



next is cutting up lots of aluminium tubing for the spent shells. I was going to use plastic rod but none of the stuff I had looked thick enough. So in the end I made my self a lot more work but I think the results were worth it.



after cutting all the pieces I put them in the chuck of my dremel and bevelled the tip down





It took a while Rolling Eyes I also puttied up the flat end of each shell.



I went for a good random look by putting down a fair bit of super glue and just sprinkling them on, then placed on the ones that didn't fit bellow up top.



For the other side of the base I got the idea to have a servitor skull floating just off the edge.



I started with a resin skull and just went with the flow and stuck on wires and plastic rod and card and stuff.



I drilled in a hole and there it is



Well that's it modelling wise. I've primed it today.

No comments:

Post a Comment