May 21, 2013

Lots more Airbrushing

Spent a few hours on Saturday working on my Hoffman crew and a few other models around the place that needed some airbrushing or didn't need it but I felt like experimenting.

 photo IMG_3013_zpsf77bb6b6.jpg

 photo IMG_2995_zps9a18e7f0.jpg

 photo IMG_2996_zps2359bcff.jpg

 photo IMG_2999_zpsc3f19292.jpg

The Zard Beast from Invasion From Outer Space has been in need of some evening up for some time since I did the one leg by hand, spraying all four and his face and adding some shading to his belly was way quicker. I also experimented in cleaning up a mess of over spray on his back on one side with a cotton bud dipped in thinner. I kinda liked the effect so did it to his other side too. Could probably use a touch of clean up though with the whitish base colour.

 photo IMG_2976_zpsf8b272cd.jpg



 photo IMG_2974_zpsebf2d2d6.jpg

 photo IMG_2978_zps190a131f.jpg

 photo IMG_2977_zps0851c8f6.jpg

 photo IMG_2979_zps777ced0e.jpg

 photo IMG_2980_zps7c5f1c84.jpg

More copper coloured very weathered robots for Hoffman, well one of them is from Reaper but I'm sure it could sub as something. I just basedcoated these guys by hand this time and did the black weathering with the airbrush rather than have copper paint spit everywhere. Now they just need some drybrush and highlights and some steal coloured bits.

 photo IMG_3008_zpsa6c63f74.jpg

I probably spent the most time airbrushing the cracks black then highlighting the tiles with bluish grey then white progressive sprays. It was fiddly but good practice. Then I dirtied it all up with some soft wash sprayed to brown areas and make it look dirty. These morgue bases are for my McMourning crew. I'm really not sure if I went too far with the black darkening, maybe I should have done that by hand along the grout lines.

 photo IMG_2987_zpsa5098349.jpg

I also tried to add some zenithal shading to Franky here but mostly think I screw him up, I'll paint over the skin again by hand to match my other Monster.




1 comment:

  1. The figures are looking amazing, looking forward to seeing that Frankenstein when he's done

    ReplyDelete