Now since I'd put so much effort into the Mule I thought I should take a look at the Mariner again. I'd assembled and even started painting him ages ago but got nowhere. I think the rather dull standard pose may have put me off. The converted Mariner in the last NQ though brought to my attention how much difference you can make by opening up the pose a bit. So 1st I bent out the legs at the hip joint.
next I removed the socket for the right arm with a hobby knife and shaved down the area to a smooth finish, you may just be able to see the little white dot that is the a bit of plastic rod I glued in as a plug for where the arm used to be pinned.
here's the arm glued into it's new position. I cut a ring of plastic tube to replace the old socket then drilled a hole for the pin in the arms new postion and just glue it on, after bending the anchor chain a bit so it looks more like it's hanging down from the new pose rather than be blowing in the wind
on the other side, I filled in the socket in his leg where the cannon nub went and sculpted in the rest of that ring detail thingy. There is now a smaller hole for a pin. I extended the nub thing a bit on the cannon side with a bit of plastic tube and there he is all done :pirate2: