June 13, 2013

New Board Games

I dropped by the Toy & Games Expo on the long weekend to see what was happening and try out some boardgame demos, also talk Nerf with a Sydney Nerf club thing that I wasn't expecting to be there at all. I didn't even know there was a Sydney Nerf Club thing, annoyingly I lost their card :(

Anyway I got to also try out some wargame demos like my friends demoing Malifaux and Hall of Heroes demoing a cowboy game which I totally forget the name of but have these amusing photos

 photo IMG_4796_zps3a3e5f28.jpg

 photo IMG_4797_zps066507f7.jpg

Like all expo/cons though you eventually loose control of your wallet and splurge on buying games you don't really need cause they were a bit discounted XD

It started with this odd choice

 photo IMG_3172_zps26f7fb7a.jpg

the shop guy took $5 off when I said I was tempted to use the monsters for a Malifaux dreamer crew.

 photo IMG_3173_zps9b82bb83.jpg

 photo IMG_3175_zps89e6bca3.jpg

I think they look very good and the paint jobs aren't terrible either, just need a bit of claw sharpening, rebasing and some touch up work. Question is do I use them as 4 teddies or some other mix of things?

 photo IMG_3178_zps301f4943.jpg

 photo IMG_3180_zps4e330d94.jpg

After the wallet was opened I talked the shop guy into a discount if I bought a bundle of stuff. I'd been kinda wanting Mice & Mystics for ages since a friend got it and I was so impressed with the minis and components  (sorry the photo is a bit blurry)

 photo IMG_3181_zpsca6bda34.jpg

Also got the City of Theives expansion....

 photo IMG_3182_zpsfb1ce5cf.jpg

the latest Time Line Diversity card game and...

 photo IMG_3183_zps2470b709.jpg

a game of Pirate Penguins, it's totally a kids game but I couldn't resist since it comes with a big ship and PIRATE PENGUINS was cheap. I can't really resist buying a game that has penguins that look like the ones I draw myself.

 photo IMG_0697_zpsc201bfd2.png
At least I didn't spend as much as Nick.


No comments:

Post a Comment