October 25, 2011

Rushed Army on Parade board

At the last minute I managed to get a ticket to games day from a very generous fellow OzPainter and after a poke from Numbat I got it in my head to rush an army on parade board to try for a wild card entry into the comp. I started with a big sheet of 12mm MDF from Bunnings which I had cut into 2 60cm x 60cm boards.

I already had a bunch of GW terrain mostly done from recent efforts so figured I had enough to fill a board.





that was the basic layout guestimated and traced onto the board. I surrounded the terrain bits with slate then covered the board with sand and stuff.



many hours of painting and drybrushing later





few orky baracade sections after rusting up and a metallic drybrush, they add a nice amount of detail, still have to pick out all the skulls and skellies and stuff



rusty spiky columns





getting there, still a lot of skulls to pick out and a heap of grass to add.



so many skulls and skeletons



after all the grass flock





Here's the board on the day. Unfortunately I stayed up way too late getting the board done and didn't make it in time to get enough votes. Oh well.

2 comments:

  1. WOW! would have gotten my vote!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great for a last minute rush job! Should got the wildcard.

    ReplyDelete