January 3, 2013

Blackwater Gulch - The Clancy Gang

Today a tonne of stuff arrived in the post, some tees, huge boxes of anime figures and model kits a new 360 game and unexpectedly my boxset from the Blackwater Gulch kickstarter which I wasn't expecting to see till the end of the month.

So I had to see what the final quality of this range turned out like. I have to be honest the painted examples weren't the best but I reserved judgement till I saw them 1st hand. I think the range is a bit mixed since there were multiple sculptors so there are some very nice and some a bit more average. I really love that strongman gang member with the sledge hammer. I'll clean these up and try and get them painted up soon.

Photobucket

Photobucket

all the minis were sandwiched between two big bits of foam and individually bagged

Photobucket

cards for every character

Photobucket

Photobucket

a folded quick rules sheet

Photobucket

Photobucket

here's the 5 figures from the boxset and 3 extra characters

Photobucket

and here's a comparison with some Malifaux minis

Photobucket

and some Deadwest cowboys

Photobucket

there was also a pack of rather nice custom sheriff dice.

2 comments:

  1. Oh nice, I only found out about it for the second Kickstarter so I'm a long way off having models but I'm excited to see people getting their stuff from the first one. What's the casting quality like?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Casting seemed good, no flash apart from those little bits dangling off that were easy to remove and the regular hassle of mold lines. They cleaned up in one day. All the detail was nice and sharp. The girl was missing her rifle though (or I dropped it when I 1st had a look at the minis) so I had to make a new one.

    ReplyDelete