May 27, 2008

Detailing the CNC building 1

Now on to the building that's been taking up most of my time trying to work out what to do. After cutting out the arches on the long wall I also cut out a couple arches either side of it. Last night I finally had a go at cutting out some windows from the 2nd floor room, using match sticks for the frame and icecream sticks for the shutters with split match sticks for the cross bits. I also got the idea to go crazy with the dremel, something I haven't played with for ages and after drawing in the brick lines engraved them into the wall for places where the plaster has fallen away. I think this last touch really gives a nice worn feeling to the building and a sense of scale. Last things left to do are put a wall on the ground floor since with the arches cut in the whole bottom floor is open from end to end. Also think I should work on the stairs, they are designed for minis with bases to stand on, but just look odd. What do you think be mini friendly or look good?













No comments:

Post a Comment