October 22, 2012

Dystopian Wars demo fleets

I got asked by my friend to have a crack at a couple demo fleets for Dystopian Wars. I can't say I was immediately enraptured by the tiny ships but I eventually thought up a way to paint them up and I have to say they really are nice detailed little models to paint.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

My approach to painting them was to start with a simple grey prime. I painted the decking a flat light cream colour and the metal parts got cold steel straight over the primer. The sides were painted in space wolf colours for the Antarctica fleet, drybrushing up to highlights. For the FSA I started with goblin green then highlighted up through a khaki then zombie flesh for the highlight. After all that was dry they pretty much got a very heavy Devlin Mud treatment, using a big wash all over the deck and metal areas. For the coloured sides I was more careful and only put wash over the rivet areas. After all that I added highlights to the metal areas and added in details like yellow in the windows and the glowy green sections on the Antarctic ships and the glowy forcefield generator on the FSA ship.

No comments:

Post a Comment