Also been working on my Firesprays. I was a bit torn between painting up my 2nd one as one of the named pilots or the generic but in the end went with Krassis' Firespray since I seem to run him often when I field one. I started by overpainting the red part with a beige basecoat before layering on the yellow. Then redoing the dark lines and then dirtying up the whole thing. Then I darkened the shoulders before adding a few areas of blue. Then lots of little detail stuff like lines and stuff. Then lots of chipped paint marks all over the place.
After doing Krassis I ended up wanting Boba's Slave 1 a bit stronger colour wise. I went over the red starting with a dark hull red then working up to a brighter red. Then the shoulders got done up in a nice dark military green. Then again lots of paint chips and incidental markings.
Oh and of course several coats of super gloss on the canopies.